Solved! Laptop didn't come with hard drive and I can't recover files...?

Dec 28, 2018
I recieved a Dell Inspiron 15-7559 about 8 months ago and all of a sudden, the hinges broke and ripped the power button's (I'm gonna call it) 'signal wire) and the screen wires, so I can't turn it on. Since it happened rather abruptly and I can't turn on the computer again to retrieve files, I've been looking around at how to recover files from a 'dead' laptop. Turns out all I need is a hard drive enclosure and a hard drive, but it's more that easy... my computer/ laptop never had a hard drive. I didn't know it was possible but when I did a complete tear down, I found no sign of a hard drive.
I'm going top attach a picture of what my computer's guts should look like but since this is someone else's machine, it actually had a hard drive... is there any other way to get the memory off of my laptop? Anything that can read any of those memory chips instead?

And before i get comments saying I lost the hard drive, there are two issues with that... 1.I haven't opened up my laptop from the back or front before yesterday when it broke. 2. In the laptop, where the hard drive should have been, the connector wire was in the compartment taped down... no hard drive or anything...

I'm not a computer wiz and I just want my files saved.

Solution
As above, not sure what you are looking for as a hard drive, but the drive in that will likely look like a stick of gum, and a smaller one likely in an enclosure. Just do a web search for your model for a "tear down" or "drive swap" and you should see where things are. For the M.2 drive you will need a special USB adapter, you can't just use any SATA to USB drive enclosure.
As above, not sure what you are looking for as a hard drive, but the drive in that will likely look like a stick of gum, and a smaller one likely in an enclosure. Just do a web search for your model for a "tear down" or "drive swap" and you should see where things are. For the M.2 drive you will need a special USB adapter, you can't just use any SATA to USB drive enclosure.

Solution

Did that moment of abruptness coincide with the machine hitting the floor?