Laptop display flickers and turns off

arkane66

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Hey forum !

For about a week I have the weirdest problem I've ever had with my Dell Inspiron N7110.

It first started when I turned it on a week ago. The screen began to flicker for a few seconds. There wasn't any huge problem as it stopped shortly after it had began. The big problems began 3 or 4 days ago. While playing some games (namely Lord of the Rings Online, Football Manager 15 and CS Global Offensive) the screen began blinking really fast and a black screen showed up with blinking horizontal lines on it's left side. I noticed that this flickering would stop if I alt+f4-ed the game (not always). But if I left the game on, the black screen would stay on, making me turn the laptop off from the button.

I tried :

-Changing the refresh rate from 60hz to 40hz
-A complete windows reinstall
-Video card updates, all driver updates
-Virus scans
- I tried using my TV as a monitor (When I did so,I made it so the picture would be the same on both screens - the laptop and the TV - and the flickering began on my TV) ( I used a VGA connection)
-Blowing the dust off the cooling fan
-Running the games with my integrated graphics processor
-Running stress tests to see whether this is an overheating issue
-Turning on vsync in the control panel and in the games

Specs:
http://gyazo.com/7162f499bb6191fc97d06fbfa29901ca

I've also noticed that when this flickering happens and I'm at the desktop and I try to open a folder or start a program it will open as (meaning that this flickering probably isn't software.