Question Laptop display works half of the times

Mar 19, 2020
So I have been using this laptop(lenovo IdeaPad 700) for 4 years now for past few months I have been facing a problem where the display won't work at times, like I have to force shut down the pc and start it again. sometimes I have to repeat this process 6-7 times to get the display working. It works with an hdmi and screen is perfectly fine with no damage at all. Is it the display cable I have given this laptop to a shop where the technician couldn't find the problem. Please help

A tech couldn't find the problem? I would wonder if they are really a tech.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem. Unless the external monitor is perhaps using different graphics. Did you check to make sure both attached and the external are using the same graphics? If one is say using GPU and other integrated (just an example) that could make it react differently.

Also, have you check the temps?

Mar 19, 2020
A tech couldn't find the problem? I would wonder if they are really a tech.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem. Unless the external monitor is perhaps using different graphics. Did you check to make sure both attached and the external are using the same graphics? If one is say using GPU and other integrated (just an example) that could make it react differently.

Also, have you check the temps?
I have checked it by disabling the graphic card and also by disabling the Intel graphics the problem remains same. there is no lines or anything like that on the screen . What do you mean by temps

Mar 19, 2020
The GPU temperature stays around 50C and while gaming goes upto 80C but even when I don't play any game this problem occurs. Any idea?

If it isn't overheating, then as I stated originally, you are looking either at the cable that connects the display is the problem or the display itself is. I would suggest you take it to a different tech than before and have it looked at again. Be sure you tell them it isn't overheating and that an external monitor works fine.

Reactions: powerman4u
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 7
E Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1