Laptop does not start at first attemp

G

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E535 3260G laptop. It is a year old. The issue is that the computer does not start at first attemp. Sometimes, I have to turn it off and on more than 15 times before the computer succesfully does the POST test and shows the BIOS screen. In case I do not enable quick boot, the screen remains blank, by the way, the fan and the disk run. I disassebled whole laptop, cleaned of dust, checked thermal paste, looked for any visible problem. I tried to unplug components like disk, optical drive, both batteries, Wi-Fi. But everything was the same without components. I had done some complex diagnostic check with soft by Lenovo before, but no problems had been found.

Finally I found out that if I switch AHCI controller option for compatibility mode in BIOS, the problem dissapears.

Could anybody give me some advice?

Thank you very much, for any response.

Solution
hmmm try to put bios to default settings and see if this works out. If the laptop is year-old i take it it still have warranty so consult with lenovo techs and see if its safe to update your bios

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
hmmm try to put bios to default settings and see if this works out. If the laptop is year-old i take it it still have warranty so consult with lenovo techs and see if its safe to update your bios

Solution