Laptop does not turn on unless it is completely unplugged

Kamil_18

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
I have Dell precision M3800, when I plug the power cable, it does not switch on, nothing is happening the power button is not even lightning on. When I unplug the power cable the laptop turns on. Even if there is a small external power like USB Hub connected to it on its own, it does not switch on at all, only when every external power is disconnected then it turns on. When it is turned on I can connect everything back together and it works normally, on a restart it also works fine but only when I shutdown I need to disconnect everything again. What is the cause of it and how to repair it?

saurabhsethi9

Honorable
May 26, 2012
1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Check through the different options listed and make sure none of them are set to hinder your laptop running or starting on battery alone.
5. If any changes are made...click "Apply".
6. Now click "OK"
7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.

Kamil_18

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

Tried changing all the settings, making sure they are the same for battery as they are for when plugged in and even changing the power plan but it does not help.

saurabhsethi9

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Enter bios and turn off any power management, then save upon exit. Next, enter the windows ACPI and turn OFF or use the NEVER option. If it still fails afterwards, then look for the bios update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shresthabijay26 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 12
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1