laptop doesnt start with battery, the light shows fully charged (green). laptop only starts without battery

juulpeeters

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015
My Laptop (asus) wil not start with the battery inside. The light shows that it's fully charged and that's the only thing it shows when i plugg the adapter.
Without adapter and with the battery it doesn't show anything.
With the adapter and without the battery, the laptop works fine.

juulpeeters

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015
Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. Any other solutions?

How do I "unsolve" this question? I mean, it was a good answer, but I'm hoping for more replies or other easier solutions...

galeener

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Not sure on usloving but The other option would be to try a new battery but then you might have 2 and it may end up being an issue in the laptop battery connector or something. Itried unselecting the solution we will see if that works.

juulpeeters

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015

They've tested it at the shop. Found this on a forum, worth a try... What do you think?
First I'm going to back-up everything.

This is a pretty simple trick that sometimes works with laptops.
I had one that was given to me as the owner had bought a new one because the old one wouldn't power up.
Remove the power supply, and then take out the battery.
Hold down the power button for 15 to 30 seconds...then put the battery back in and plug the power supply in.
Now press the power button again, and that's it.
This worked on the laptop I was given, and a tech explained that there is sometimes some sort of residual charge built up somewhere that occasionally can prevent power up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1