Solved! Laptop don't show any image either on display or hdmi output. Anyone with a solution?

Oct 12, 2021
LENOVO Y520
After cleaning from dust and put it back in, the laptop turn the fans on but no image.
The laptop belongs to a friend who said that he disconnects the main battery and the bios battery, waited a few seconds and then when he turned on the laptop he started in sleep mode directly. It did this for about a year because the start button no longer existed.
I went to someone and that guy said my video chip is dead and I need a new one (the gpu I think)

Reactions: alexhales278
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Guadol Laptop Tech Support 0
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 3
Hlias Anton Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Discussion Asus TUF GAMING A17 Laptop Display not working shows image on screen with flash light (malfunctioned during a standard internal cleaning)
Question Weird image showing up in ASUS Vivo book
Question Laptop fan spins when on battery, but not when plugged in, no image either way.
Solved! HP Notebook 17-x010ca was dropped 3ft onto a rug; backlight works, but no picture. Everything else seem to work when connected to an external monitor.
Question GTA V Crashes and leaves a still image of the game covering half the screen.
Laptop screens turns weird and laptop stops working
Blue screen image on my laptop
Solved! This is what I see on my laptop ‘select boot image did not authenticate
How can I fix a gap with my laptop screen and its casing? (Images included)
Solved! Dell laptop, Windows 10 hooked to a Planar PX 2710MW Monitor. Image does not fill the screen. Photo attached.
HP laptop won’t boot most of the time and now I get error messages when I try to create a system image. I already backed up m?
Asus laptop - No screen image or keyboard function.
Screw holes broke on laptop hinge
broken image on Toshiba Laptop
Unique problem swapped laptop mobos, no image, no battery...
toshiba screen replacement
GPU or laptop screen?
Laptop won't display image after connected to TV
I am using g500 laptop I started my lap only lenovo image displays no other option to what to do
when i connect my laptop to a projector, the images that are displayed by the projector are red, infact everything is just red

ASK THE COMMUNITY