Laptop Factory Reset Failure

wHITE JELLY

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I have a windows 10 laptop and i am trying to factory reset because it isn't working as well as it used to. I have tried to factory reset it multiple times but it said that there was a problem and it couldn't reset. This has happened every time i have tried to reset it and i don't know what to do. Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks

Solution
Windows 10 actually has a built-in method for wiping your PC, and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to have it erase everything.

To do this go to "Start", then "Settings". Next choose "Update & security" and then "Recovery" Here click "Get started" and select the option you wish to use. From here just follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 back to how it was upon leaving the factory.

If this won't work, or you are trying to go back to a prior OS (not 10) then there in might be the problem. Once updated to 10, often it won't let you go back. In such a case you would need an installation CD/DVD/USB.
Windows 10 actually has a built-in method for wiping your PC, and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to have it erase everything.

To do this go to "Start", then "Settings". Next choose "Update & security" and then "Recovery" Here click "Get started" and select the option you wish to use. From here just follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 back to how it was upon leaving the factory.

If this won't work, or you are trying to go back to a prior OS (not 10) then there in might be the problem. Once updated to 10, often it won't let you go back. In such a case you would need an installation CD/DVD/USB.

Solution