Laptop fan replacement

normunds.rieksts

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Hello.

A week ago my laptop fan started to make loud and annoying noises. As my laptop usually is kept in place and hasn't moved in quite a while I suspected it was because the oil had dried out and the fan had been displaced from the center of its axis.

So after buying sewing machine oil and disassembling the laptop I had a pleasant surprise of discovering that the fan hub from the fan in question cannot be removed, so I cannot re-oil it and leave it be.

That leaves me with the only option of buying a new one and replacing it completely, as the noise its making is driving me madder by the second. Obviously I could bring it to a repair store, but most likely they will charge minimum 100 pounds for the job.

The model of the fan is SUNON EG75070S1-C070-S9C and luckily it is actually being sold and possible to ship to UK as well as not overly too expensive.

Link: http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/88-162636-50758/SUNON-EG75070S1-C070-S9C-Cooling-Fan-.html

The problem is that the fan is attached to a copper plate. I don't know what functionality it serves, but my guess is that its being used for WIFI module for the signal, as the module has two antenna wires going out from it and one is awfully close to the plate.

Since I cannot remove the fan without removing the plate from it first, I'd wanted to ask a question for these who have done it before, would using a knife to remove the glue under it be good enough and then re-gluing it to the new fan. Or is there a better way to go about it?

Image from front:
C8zTXJk.jpg

Image from back:
yVfDsPv.jpg

Are there any other useful tips I should know before replacing the fan?

Thanks.

dvd03cr

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
It's better if you heat it first do not apply too much heat. Now for the glue try to do it fast because it get dry
anyway lose properties no matter how you remove it

TRENDING THREADS