Laptop Fan speed issue

GeforcerFX

Estimable
May 7, 2014
So i have a Toshiba Laptop I have owned for a couple weeks now. It has a core i7 4700mq inside so when i am gaming or doing video work I expect to hear the fan speed kick up. But for some reason when ever i let the display turn off the fan speed kicks up to a high rpm. I figured it was a software bug and something was using my CPU once the screen turned off. After looking at all the cpu usage charts when the display is off and keeping track of that and the GPU (its a on die HD4600) neither was being ramped up to high usage or clock speeds when the system was idle with the screen off. So my big question is any ideas what causing the fan to ramp up in RPM when the screen turns off? Some fixes I have tried, removed Toshiba's eco program which controls the fans. Reinstalled the chipset and video drivers. Nothing seems to be working so far, any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Toshiba S55-A5188
Core i7 4700mq
12gb DDR3-L 1600mhz (8+4)
1tb 5400rpm toshiba HDD
Windows 8.1 (update 1 installed, as well as all other updates since)

GeforcerFX

Estimable
May 7, 2014

The fan works completly normal underload the only issue i am having is that when the screen goes to sleep (but the system is still on) the fan kicks back up like its underload but the system is idle.