Laptop fan turns on when charger plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2018
Hi, I recently got a Huawei MateBook 14 D with an AMD processor. The laptop is great except when I use it while the charger is plugged in, the fans are running non-stop. Right now my core temps are at 35C and the fans run continously. When I unplug the charger, the fans stop. Would love some suggestions to fix this problem!

Solution
has to do with active versus passive cooling. when plugged in uses active because your draw for the fan is not battery. you may have the option in power advanced if your laptop has temp sensor to change it to come on at a certain temp. remember when on battery your laptop will not be running everything at high settings from display to other hardware. unless its a serious noise problem wouldn't worry about it.

carltonje

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
has to do with active versus passive cooling. when plugged in uses active because your draw for the fan is not battery. you may have the option in power advanced if your laptop has temp sensor to change it to come on at a certain temp. remember when on battery your laptop will not be running everything at high settings from display to other hardware. unless its a serious noise problem wouldn't worry about it.

Solution

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
When you connect the charger, the system probably starts running in High Performance mode while without it should run in Power Saving. You can revise these settings at Power Management through Control Panel. Your fans may be triggered by either a false or an other temp reading like motherboard temp. Make sure that your laptop is clean and has sufficient air-flow. Then go into bios and check for any temp readings and fan settings under Monitoring tab. Double check cpu temps with other software like AMD Overdrive or HW Monitor and post back

Status
Not open for further replies.