Laptop fans really loud (Asus F302LA)

Joqee1

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
Hi, today I bought the first PC laptop i ever owned (used to have a macbook pro) and i noticed the fans are very loud even running nothing (around 35-45 C), much louder than the several years old macbook pro ever did with my usage. Is there any way to fix this, is it intended (better not be or i gotta return it) or do i need to send it back for repairs? I upgraded it to windows 10, but even before that running on windows 8.1 the fans were already at the same noise level.

The laptop is a brand new Asus F302LA-R4013H.

Solution
Click the battery icon and click battery and sleep settings. Then click on the additional power settings. Then click the change plan settings on the active profile. Then click change advanced power settings.

Then go to the process power management tab and click the system cooling policy. There you will be able to change the active to passive for both battery and on power.

Joqee1

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015

Thanks for the reply, i haven't and i can't seem to find it anywhere (i don't have english as my windows language), could you tell me where to find it?

Click the battery icon and click battery and sleep settings. Then click on the additional power settings. Then click the change plan settings on the active profile. Then click change advanced power settings.

Then go to the process power management tab and click the system cooling policy. There you will be able to change the active to passive for both battery and on power.

Solution