Solved! Laptop fans stop working while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phazoner

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
Hi, my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L850-138) is "loosing" its fan control. Today the life of the laptop is around four years and a half, and it happened four times in its life, the first was in the first months of life, the second was in its second or third year, but third and fourth were last thursday, so I disassembled it, but there's nothing rare (fan feeding cable is well connected).

The fan works fine during regular use, but this problems come when I'm playing. First two times it just stopped working and I hard-shutdowned the machine, but last thursday ones, it stopped, and after few seconds, with the temps going wild (around 90ºC), it started again to its max speed. Seconds later, it stopped, and again and again and again. Hard-shutdown, starting to use the PC as usual, back to the game, some minutes working good, but then this problem again.

Can't understand why is this happening.

Solution
not only the fan itself is a problem here, temperature sensors in the mainboard can be failing so fans stop spinning

also a bad driver or th lack of a driver on windows can give you such situatuon

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
not only the fan itself is a problem here, temperature sensors in the mainboard can be failing so fans stop spinning

also a bad driver or th lack of a driver on windows can give you such situatuon

Solution

Phazoner

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014

I thought it but Speedfan was reporting 90ºC when fan was off so I discard that problem.

About drivers, the laptop came with W7 and I updated the BIOS when the problem appeared for the first time. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 formatting the laptop like one year and a half ago and didn't had a problem until thursday.

Phazoner

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014

No, there have been a while since last time I updated Windows. Everything seems OK but fan keeps turning off.

Status
Not open for further replies.