Solved! laptop for 10th grader

splunge

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I'm looking for a laptop for my son. His Toshiba Chrome book has had charger problems and he wants to upgrade to a windows machine.
He mainly uses google docs for school work, plans to stream video and possibly some low demanding applications.
Portability and durability are priorities- he's accustomed to a 13.5" screen (I believe). Hard drive doesn't need to be large, speed is nice but doesn't need to be top of the line and integrated graphics is probably adequate. Battery life is nice, but he usually keeps it plugged in at home and doesn't run it during classes in high school. Ideally I'd like to order it today for fast delivery- he's got a term paper to write and the Chromebook won't charge.

Thanks all!

zoltan.boese

Notable
Jan 30, 2018
My relatives have bad experiences with Acer laptops I do not trust the trademark. Does refurbished means it comes with manufacturer warranty though? Is it one year or more?
What is your target budget?

splunge

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I hear you. The 64 gig hard drive on the Acer made me nervous- if my son saves photos on it, that would be used up pretty fast. The Pixelbook is another Chromebook, right? I think we want a windows laptop this time.
The HP you recommended looks more than adequate and we can afford the $200 higher price