Solved! Laptop for application development

Nov 15, 2020
Hello,

I'm planning to buy a new laptop at Christmas, the main use for it will be for application development and few games from time to time, my main concerning will be its performance, battery lifetime and not less than 15" screen, I want something may last for 4 or 5 years without changing, also my budget around 2000$ maximum, I have access to USA or Canada markets any recommendations for some laptop models?

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
For games don't worry about looking for good battery life, that won't happen. Need a fast CPU and video card to run games, which means high power use parts. How long it will last, the higher end you go for gaming the greater chance it will die sooner, heat kills laptops and no gaming system will last as long as a solid business class system or a workstation class system. Take a look at the Lenovo P series systems, there will be several in your price range If you want a system from the gaming laptops you will need to take battery life and good reliability off the list. Not that a gaming system is guaranteed to die in a few years but the chances are a lot higher.
For games don't worry about looking for good battery life, that won't happen. Need a fast CPU and video card to run games, which means high power use parts. How long it will last, the higher end you go for gaming the greater chance it will die sooner, heat kills laptops and no gaming system will last as long as a solid business class system or a workstation class system. Take a look at the Lenovo P series systems, there will be several in your price range If you want a system from the gaming laptops you will need to take battery life and good reliability off the list. Not that a gaming system is guaranteed to die in a few years but the chances are a lot higher.

Solution