Laptop for around £700

Mindtrix86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Heya guys,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. My mother has asked me to find her a new laptop, as her old one was just died on her. I've tried looking around various internet sites like pcadvisor but i really don't trust their reviews as i've seen them give good marks to some really crap products in the past.

She probably doesn't need to spend 700 quid on a laptop for what she will be using it for, but she is quite well off so she might as well get something fairly fast and decent that will last, she won't be gaming on it or anything like that but she probably will be using adobe creative suite as well as day to day work stuff.

I say £700 but anything under £1000 would be fine, so hopefully she has a laptop that will keep her going for several years. I'm not a big fan of macs, (i used to work in a mac store, they crash just as much as windows but at least windows doesn't pretend they don't :p ) however if there are any decent macs for that price range feel free to include them. I was thinking 4 gig of ddr3 min and if possible an i7 with a dedicated gpu obviously.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be most welcome.

Thank you.