Laptop for Civil Engr. Major (Update: Looking purely for one for Civil Engr in college now)

Rixtify

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
Hello, I'm a future Civil Engineering student in the fall and would like a laptop that can handle programs for Civil Engineering and games like Elsword. I would like one that is under $1000 and has Windows. Some people say I don't need too much power and speed since I'm just a student and not a professional engineer yet while others say you need a lot of speed and power and RAM. I am looking for a laptop that is 14"-16" and can handle what I said above which is basically for the programs for civil engineering which are probably stuff like AutoCAD and some gaming. A good battery would also help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: How about a laptop that would be purely for my Civil Engr. major in college since I'm not too into gaming and still under $1000?

Solution
ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 15.6-Inch

I really would not usually recommend a gaming laptop for CAD. But given the budget a workstation laptop starts at around $1800. This should do what you need, slower on the business end, but nice and quick on the gaming side.

Xibyth

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014
ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 15.6-Inch

I really would not usually recommend a gaming laptop for CAD. But given the budget a workstation laptop starts at around $1800. This should do what you need, slower on the business end, but nice and quick on the gaming side.

Solution