Solved! Laptop for College with Kensington Lock Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Hello All,

I am looking for a good laptop for my daughter who is entering college in the fall. I have read all of the online "best laptops for college" in 2020, but none of them quite hit the mark - especially with one particular requirement I am looking for - a Kensington or Noble lock slot.

The great ultra portables are powerful, but they are so thin they usually leave out the lock slots. I have a lot of experience with laptops, and here are the specs I am looking for:

14" 1920x1080 screen - touch screen not critical
i7-8565U or better
GPU does not need to be discreet
16GB RAM
512GB nvme ssd
Windows OS
Kensington lock slot....

Does anyone know of a good option that would fit this? I'll even take recommendations on laptops with the lock slots and then dig on the manufacturers site..!

I would like to keep the price less than $1500 if I can manage it. I personally use a Dell 7400 which fits these requirements except that it comes with a vPro CPU so the price is more than 2k....

Thanks,
Rhyalus

Solution
Lenovo T495 models, Ryzen CPU so cost is less than Intel, will be fine for most uses unless she is doing some heavy engineering or data processing like Matlab, Autocad, etc...
Oct 16, 2021
One of the more practical solutions for laptop users is Kensington's Combination Cable Lock. The push-button design of this device pleased me as well. After all, rather than requiring a difficult procedure, this feature enables me to install the lock with just one hand. Compared to many other laptop security cable lock devices I've seen, it's a lot simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.