Laptop for Elgato HD?

Theaterfreak

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I've got Elgato HD (the most basic one) and my current laptop is about to die - I'm pretty sure it's not powerful enough anyway, and it's about six years old. I'm looking into a gaming laptop as a replacement and have found a few that are within my budget. My problem is with the 'u' suffix on the CPU, that Elagto insist means it's not powerful enough. I don't have the space (or money) for a desktop.

The machine I'm looking at is the Medion P6679 and I've found two models. The first has a 7th gen i5-7200u 2.5Ghz dual core CPU, the second a 7th gen i7-7500u 2.7Ghz dual core CPU. I'm no expert as I'm a console gamer but I'm certain these should be powerful CPUs enough to run the software? Does the 'ultra low' suffix really make that much difference? I'm only recording footage, not streaming.

Thanks!

Solution
see the power. If i remember 15W vs 35W ? it will directly show you how much this cpu will throw data around.
just make sure you want stronger CPU.
low power ones does good for battery life.

Rdslw

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
see the power. If i remember 15W vs 35W ? it will directly show you how much this cpu will throw data around.
just make sure you want stronger CPU.
low power ones does good for battery life.

Solution