Laptop for future computer science student

flamingKnife_95

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
i am looking for programming in java and c++ something that is not to expensive but will run these programs with ease(probably should be able to play minecraft to ;)

Solution

I am guessing you haven't programmed before...You don't need a lot of power to do simple C++/Java programming... You could get away with pretty much anything on the market.... And I am sure your school will give you cluster access so you won't need much more than a light-weight terminal (ultrabook, etc.) That should be able to get away with running minecraft too.

For actual programming a good display and solid keyboard are a must. I personally would go for something ~14".

I prefer the feel of the mac book pros (I actually don't like Apple products much, a bit...

onichikun

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009

I am guessing you haven't programmed before...You don't need a lot of power to do simple C++/Java programming... You could get away with pretty much anything on the market.... And I am sure your school will give you cluster access so you won't need much more than a light-weight terminal (ultrabook, etc.) That should be able to get away with running minecraft too.

For actual programming a good display and solid keyboard are a must. I personally would go for something ~14".

I prefer the feel of the mac book pros (I actually don't like Apple products much, a bit pricey, but my would-love-to-buy laptop, the Thinkpad X-1 carbon was ruined by the damn Chinese lenovo company. Oh why did you have to sell your laptop division, IBM...) A lot of other laptop brands, Dell included, feel too... flimsy.. for my tastes. The screens are always subpar and the keyboards leave much to be desired.

Anyways, I would do some research on your own.. Maybe head over to a best buy and try the laptops out... See what you like typing on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS