TBVG33

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hey everyone!

I will be in high school next year and it requires I have a laptop for school.

I have a budget of -$1,500

The laptop would prefer to should have a screen size of -14 inches, (I guess I could have a 15 inch, would prefer better preformance with the bigger laptop) have a long battery life, (to get through school) and I would prefer having a dedicated graphics card that lets me play Overwatch on low at around 50-60FPS. Touchscreen would be nice but I haven't seen anything that would meet my other requirements. I've been looking at the Asus 401, do you think this is the best I could get?

Thanks!:)

TBVG33

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Thank you for the suggestion!

I have 2 questions

1. If I were to settle for a 14 inch laptop, (frame and screen) what would be my best bet?

2. Could I possibly get a laptop that is less expensive than the XPS?

Thank you again!

Tech_TTT

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

The problem is in the battery life , and light weight, you asked for good battery life and very few offer this with GPU included and for being light , and also XPS is one of the few that can give you good notebook and light one.

That DELL has fast 4 cores i7 and GTX 1050 with long battery life as well . and there is one for $1300.. other notebooks will come with slow ultra low voltage i7/i5

I will look further but give me some time I am busy now . in general look for a notebook with GTX 1050 , IPS screen and light (less than 2KG) and with at least 8 hours battery life to serve you well .

TBVG33

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Ok, I appreciate you taking the time to help me! I will definitely look into this laptop, thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 3
B Laptop General Discussion 10
K Laptop General Discussion 2
V Laptop General Discussion 3
K Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 5
S Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 2