TBVG33

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hey everyone!

I will be in high school next year and it requires I have a laptop for school.

I have a budget of -$1,500

The laptop would prefer to should have a screen size of -14 inches, (I guess I could have a 15 inch, would prefer better preformance with the bigger laptop) have a long battery life, (to get through school) and I would prefer having a dedicated graphics card that lets me play Overwatch on low at around 50-60FPS. Touchscreen would be nice but I haven't seen anything that would meet my other requirements. I've been looking at the Asus 401, do you think this is the best I could get?

Thanks!:)

Tech_TTT

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Get Dell XPS 9560 15 inch (it has thin bezel and 14 inch size while having 15 inch screen)

has GTX 1050 GPU that can give you 90 fps on overwatch in high setting on FHD

and has long battery life and is one of the best notebook around , has 4 cores i7 and is not heavy only 1.8Kg

Link :

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop

click on feature and read ..

be sure to pick the one with GTX 1050 graphics ..

Solution

TBVG33

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Thank you for the suggestion!

I have 2 questions

1. If I were to settle for a 14 inch laptop, (frame and screen) what would be my best bet?

2. Could I possibly get a laptop that is less expensive than the XPS?

Thank you again!

Tech_TTT

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

The problem is in the battery life , and light weight, you asked for good battery life and very few offer this with GPU included and for being light , and also XPS is one of the few that can give you good notebook and light one.

That DELL has fast 4 cores i7 and GTX 1050 with long battery life as well . and there is one for $1300.. other notebooks will come with slow ultra low voltage i7/i5

I will look further but give me some time I am busy now . in general look for a notebook with GTX 1050 , IPS screen and light (less than 2KG) and with at least 8 hours battery life to serve you well .

TBVG33

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Ok, I appreciate you taking the time to help me! I will definitely look into this laptop, thank you!