Laptop for Multimedia and Gaming

themonster

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
Been doing a lot of reading and research and it seems like, the more I research, the more I get confused, so I am hoping that you folks might be able to help me out.

My main focus in a laptop is to be able to do Video Editing / Photoshop without any lag and be able to play my games (DotA 2, WoW and SC2) at high settings with high fps.

- I don't want the laptop to over heat from rendering or playing a long time
- Good battery life of at least 4-5 hours for working
- Nice crisp display

These are basically my major concerns, my budget is up to around € 1.800,- give or take...

I have been leaning very strong towards the Acer Aspire V Nitro Black:
http://geizhals.at/acer-aspire-v-nitro-black-edition-vn7-791g-72pl-nx-mqreg-017-a1172621.html

Although the Asus G750 is supposedly very good and the Lenovo IdeaPad Y50 (although this laptop has a weak display?).

Hopefully you folks could help me out a little. Would be very thankful.

Solution
I have a G750 (the newest would be the G751) and I have friends who own the Y50. I love my G750, but it only runs for about ~3 hrs on battery and that's just watching videos or surfing the web, and is pretty heavy, not exactly the most portable device.

Depends on how you define weak display. Seems to work just fine for him in his house, and unless you compare it side by side with some exceptional displays, I'm not sure that you could tell a difference.

I would not personally recommend Acer, as I've seen too many friends have bad luck with them. I would look at the options from Lenovo, Asus, MSI, or, surprisingly, Dell, for a multimedia/gaming laptop.

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I have a G750 (the newest would be the G751) and I have friends who own the Y50. I love my G750, but it only runs for about ~3 hrs on battery and that's just watching videos or surfing the web, and is pretty heavy, not exactly the most portable device.

Depends on how you define weak display. Seems to work just fine for him in his house, and unless you compare it side by side with some exceptional displays, I'm not sure that you could tell a difference.

I would not personally recommend Acer, as I've seen too many friends have bad luck with them. I would look at the options from Lenovo, Asus, MSI, or, surprisingly, Dell, for a multimedia/gaming laptop.

Solution