Solved! Laptop for music production

Tryno

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hey guys,

1_What is your budget?
My ideal price would be somewhere around $700 but would pay more if i need too. I am basically trying to see if there is anything that can rival a macbook pro for much cheaper. If the laptop is over a grand that will fit what im looking for i might as well buy a macbook.

2_What is the size of the notebook
that you are considering?
13-15'

3_What screen resolution do you want?
it is not very important to me

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
i will be using my laptop to record music at home and for live performance. so i guess both.

5_How much battery life do you need?
hours. long enough to be able to handle live shows

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
low. I wont be playing many games.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Music recording/producing and live music shows. A lot of multitasking.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
250-350 GB would be sufficient

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
minimum of four to five years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Im not sure but i think Dvd rom would be enough.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dont care as long as they have good reliability and will last a couple years.

13_What country do you live in?
United States

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I will most likely be using either Ableton live suite 8 or Reaper as my DAW and have many vst plug-ins that use a lot of CPU power such as Native instruments battery 3, massive, and absynth. I use an M-audio midi controller and also will be recording guitar tracks with a line 6 pod GX and I also plan on buying an external soundcard to record vocal tracks.

thanks in advance!