Laptop for school

maximaxi3

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I bought an Acer Aspire G6530 way back in, I think, 2009. Got it about a month before the release of windows 7 but acer luckly let me upgrade for free. my problem is that the laptop is getting old. I originally bought it as a replacement for my previous laptop and my crappy desktop, so I decided to go for one that was more gaming oriented rather than long battery life etc. I have a very good desktop now so all my gaming is done on that one, what I need now is a good laptop with a long battery life that preferably has a dedicated GPU (1 gb vram would be nice), so that I can do some casual gaming while still being able to use it for school for longer periods at a time without charging.
My budget is a bit weird; I'd like to pay about 3000 DKKR (ca. £350)
but I would be willing to go up to around 5000 DKKR (ca. £580).
Here are some pref specs:

HDD: Min. 500GB
Ram: Min. 4GB pref 6GB
GPU: 1GB VRAM
Battery: 6 to 9 cell Li-Ion
Cpu: Don't really know, but the faster the better I guess
SSD: Would be great, not necessary (would be willing to pay a bit extra if it has one)
Screen: No real requirements, just not too small, don't like miniPCs (doubt it'll be a problem with the rest of my requirements)

On a quick note.. I quite dislike HP computers, and will not even consider buying one, regardless of how good/cheap it is. My reasoning is their often overpricing and crappy software it comes with.

If it is possible Windows 7 would be better than 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Erik

EDIT:
Live in Denmark, so if you can find danish sites that'd be great (Computer MUST have a danish keyboard, so can't buy it from UK like I normally do with computer parts)

1. What is your budget?
£350-£580

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Around 13-14"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter, pref HD

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, additional info above

5. How much battery life do you need?
5-8 hours on word, 2-3 on not so taxing games

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium/low, minecraft, AOE1&2, Indie games, C&C:RA2&3, Fable:TLC

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Videos, word, programming etc.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
min. 500GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Pricerunner.dk, proshop

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None necessary, DVD ROM would be nice

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus: good bang for buck

13. What country do you live in?
Denmark

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Any additional info can be found above, or just ask and I'll anwser