Question Laptop for university/gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2021
I just got the HP Victus, which i really like. The design is great and everything works fine but the battery is disappointing. I am thinking about the HP Spectre x360 but im not sure and i don't want to return this one aswell. Anyone got any advice about the HP Spectre x360 or any better suggestions? Budget is around 1000-1500. Thank you very much.

mrmike16

Honorable
The HP Spectre x360 probably has better battery life, but it is not a gaming laptop. No 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 laptops are meant for heavy gaming - maybe light to medium gaming. With your budget, I suggest using your money for a combination - A lightweight portable laptop with longer battery life and a home-built desktop for gaming.

Edit: I am presuming that the currency you are talking about is USD.

Dec 31, 2021
The HP Spectre x360 probably has better battery life, but it is not a gaming laptop. No 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 laptops are meant for heavy gaming - maybe light to medium gaming. With your budget, I suggest using your money for a combination - A lightweight portable laptop with longer battery life and a home-built desktop for gaming.

Edit: I am presuming that the currency you are talking about is USD.

The laptop is for my study and i only play one or two small games like league of legends. Can the HP Spectre x360 handle that? Or do you have any better suggestions? :)

mrmike16

Honorable
The laptop is for my study and i only play one or two small games like league of legends. Can the HP Spectre x360 handle that? Or do you have any better suggestions? :)
Then that is definitely in the right direction. From what I have seen 2-in-1s and 3-in-1s have far better battery life than traditional laptops while sacrificing some power. It should handle League of Legends just fine.
As for other choices, I personally like the Microsoft Surface products a lot, as long as the cost isn't an issue (which for me it is). I am using one of their weakest models from 2015 with an Intel Atom processor and it can still probably play League of Legends.

HP Spectre has many good reviews so if you are happy with that choice, go for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.