Laptop for university

May 13, 2018
What is your budget? Around 1500 CAD

What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14-15.6 inch

What screen resolution do you want? Anything under 4k (want to keep it cheap)

Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, as I'm going to take it to my classes

How much battery life do you need? 5 hours+ while web browsing

Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)? I'd love to play pubg on medium settings near 60 fps

How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? not a tremendous amount, a 256 ssd would give me enough for some time, and further down the road I can always get an external drive if needed

What country do you live in? Canada (purchasing online from different countries is no problem so long as they ship to Canada)

Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I realize that many laptops which meet my requirements (specifically good battery life and portable) have high price tags, therefore I'm willing to increase my budget if needed.

Solution
PUGB on medium settings require a 1050ti or a 1060. That and the price range narrows it down pretty nicely:
Acer Aspire Nitro 5 series
ASUS ROG FX502VM
HP Pavilion Power 15
Lenovo Legion Y720-15IKB
Look for prices and availability in Canada!

If you are not gaming, try and use intel graphics to extend the battery time! In that regard the HP and Acer products are slightly better.

zoltan.boese

Notable
Jan 30, 2018
PUGB on medium settings require a 1050ti or a 1060. That and the price range narrows it down pretty nicely:
Acer Aspire Nitro 5 series
ASUS ROG FX502VM
HP Pavilion Power 15
Lenovo Legion Y720-15IKB
Look for prices and availability in Canada!

If you are not gaming, try and use intel graphics to extend the battery time! In that regard the HP and Acer products are slightly better.

Solution