Laptop for Unreal Engine + 3D modelling

Krios Uber

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015
G'day mates. My name is Leto.

I am looking for a powerful mobile work station for 3D modelling and Unreal Engine 4.
High complexity work to be performed.
As 3d modelling and graphics cpu's are two opposite things - what would you recommend?
I dont care about design, weight, size, battery life, usb speed and other irrelevant parameters. It just must be powerful for my needs.
I consider machines like Thinkpad w540 as crap, so I ask you not to suggest any tricky-designed, or with not needed features laptops which are in top lists but in reality not usable.
Must be roughly a piece of good hardware.
Must be a fair value and oriented for at least 4 years of use.
Price limit is about 3000 AUD.

Cheers,

qazzi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

lmao. well too bad i'm way older than that. i recommended "alienware 15 " for the simple reason that 3D modeling is also the same hardware demand as to hardcore gaming. and for 3000AUD that is "almost" the best you can get. you need more GPU and memory power add more money.

EDIT
if you really need a monster laptop you gonna need more than 3000AUD.
just a follow up you can use this https://www.maingear.com/custom/computers/custom-built-laptops.php or this https://www.pugetsystems.com/nav/traverse/pro_17/customize.php to make that monster laptop

Krios Uber

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

Man, did you read what I wrote? Lots ram and gpu? You dont say.
Whats the point of giving me that link if i dont know which gpu - quadro or other crap, which cpu do i need to satisfy both my needs. You don't have a clue on the topic but still decided to answer. Why?

I dont need a gaming laptop, especially some tricky designed with not needed features as alienware. It also wont stand a second in a 3d Modelling software. Do you have a brain? Why recommend something if you know nothing about it?

And i am not going to buy in ****stralia, i ll order through ebay for original price and save couple of thousands.

qazzi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
EDIT
your the one you doesnt have a clue. "Whats the point of giving me that link if i dont know which gpu - quadro or other crap" is for you to know the price of the "crap" that you were talking about. unreal engine is from Nvidia. you'll gonna need an Nvidia GPU to get the best performance and the best you can come up with is the "crap" you were talking about. ...another thing the 2 other link for you to see how which CPU GPU combination you can have.

btw most 3D modeling software favored an i7 cpu. but if your gonna use older 3d software, they can't utilize all the core of an i7. (btter check with the software maker if they have patch it or a new verion is available),
but as i say i7 with nvidia GPU (for Unreal engine of course) and around 16GB+ RAM (that's what im recommending).