Laptop for Video Editing/ Some Gaming/ Work

BUBAA55

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
Hello! I've been searching for a laptop and looking through these forums especially, haven't exactly found anything that fits my criteria yet. I've had an ASUS R510DP for 2 years, and this thing has caused me so much anguish and money out of pocket just from the sheer amount of issued it had. Things I'm looking for are a nice look (for work), large storage space, handling a lot of video editing, and some casual gaming. Any help is very greatly appreciated. I'm going to include some of my specifics that I saw in another forum to make this easier. Thank you pros!

1. What is your budget?
Around ~$600

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6 Inches

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080

4. How much battery life do you need?
Maybe 5+ hours

5. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
CS:GO
Diablo 3
High settings

6. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video, Photo + After Effects editing

7. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
800+ Gigs

8. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None so far :(

9. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4 years

10. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD, Possibly Blue ray but not as important

11. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
ASUS had terrible customer service and so so so many issues for me. But if someone has a new model that they believe is great I'm not fully apposed to it.

12. What country do you live in?
USA

BUBAA55

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
Thank you. The E15 looks promising. Any other suggestions are appreciated!