Laptop freezes at Windows 10 boot up screen

Astro RAM

Estimable
May 15, 2014
So my old 5 year old Samsung Chronos? laptop has recently just stop booting up, or at least freezes at the windows 10 load up screen. I've tried the automatic system repair and it says it can't fix it. I've tried a system restore point, and it worked once but it was very janky and slow when I was using it. As well as it just froze when it tried to put into sleep mode. Ever since then I can't access it, as well as all my past restore points aren't being recognized and do not show up. I've tried multiple system repairs and it keeps saying it can't be fixed.

I'm at my wits end since I don't know what to do now. I'd like to use this again, as its my only laptop till I get a new one and thats about 1 month and a half away.

Was it a windows update? I mean it was literally working a week ago during movie night. And literally the next time I start it up it just doesn't and keeps freezing.

So please any help as quick as possible will be greatly appreciated!!

Astro RAM

Estimable
May 15, 2014

No new programs that I am aware of have been downloaded to it since the day it was last used. And I am certain it was shut down properly. If not it may have been in sleep mode and died from battery. Which could be the issue, but that has happen to it at least 3 times before hand has come back online fine

Artarmon

Commendable
May 17, 2016

I have a desktop which freezes on WIN10 screen at boot up. However, if I then hit reset switch it boots up. Try that. If anyone knows how to fix that problem please let me know

Artarmon

Commendable
May 17, 2016

Having taken the step to Win10 I think I will live with the problem. Otherwise I have no issues with it