Laptop freezes, shows bluescreen.

riniks92

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
My samsung rv-501 constantly froze. Re-installed windows hoping it was a software related issue. But it came apparent the problem resides outside of windows (hardware related) as it continued to freeze even when booting in Samsung's recovery thingy.

I was desperate, though maybe removing the battery could fix this. I always got promoted that I should consider replacing it and it couldn't hold much power anymore.
Turning the pc on without the battery made it show a bluescreen instead just freezing even after when I put the battery back.

The laptop is quite old, 2 years and Is not under warranty.
As I said the problem must be hardware related, which probably means raplacing it would make more sense than sending it to a service to diagnose whether it's the CPU, MB or the graphics chip that is at foult.

But maybe there is something I could try. I'd like to know what would you recommend.
If the error code or whatever it's called could potentaly help to indicate what causes the problem I'll provide it.

Please help, I hope the solution does not involve replacing one of the components as it is very expensive. I'd rather buy a new laptop.

riniks92

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Here's the error code.
http://i42.tinypic.com/ay9fsz.jpg
'' stop: 0x00000019 (0x000000000000021, 0xFFFFF900C21E3000, 0x00000000000035F0x000001FA000001F9) ''
And now it won't properly display things, it won't show text on shortcuts and context menu or whatever it is called.
It won't freeze in safe mode though.

Maybe it's possible to tell what causes the problem by that code.
If so please let me know.