Laptop Freezing after Installing Crucial MX300 SSD

julioarmaz012

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
I have owned my Samsung Notebook NP-QX411-W02UB for over 4 years, and just last month I decided it was time to replace the original 1TB HDD it originally came with to a Crucial MX300 SSD 525 GB. Not once have i ever had a problem with this laptop until i installed this SSD. It constantly freezes so its unreliable to use at the moment.

Its currently running
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (All windos updates currently up to date)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2450 @ 2.50Ghz
Motherboard: Stock Samsung Electronics (BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies Ltd. 08HS, 11/26/2011, Legacy)
RAM: 6GB

everything is stock(original) except for the SSD that just got added to the system.

I read online that one of the possibilities that might cause the laptop to freeze is the migration software that comes with the SSD, but i didnt use the Crucial migration software so that can be ruled out. As a matter of fact, i used the EaseUS Todo Backup Free 10.6 to clone my HDD and migrate it to the SSD.

I checked to see if the latest SATA Driver is installed and after running a diagnostics test, it notified me that i am. The current SATA driver Version that is running in the system is:
Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1C03

My suspicions as to what can be causing this is either the SATA Driver is not up to date or the BIOS version the motherboard is currently running is not able to support the SSD. Im not really sure if this can be a possibility.

This is the first time this has ever happened, so im not sure where to even begin to get a clue as to what can be causing this problem. Im open to any and all suggestions that can possibly help me restore my Laptop to working condition. Thank you ahead of time for all the help! If any more information is required please feel free to ask.

Solution

Yeah the funny thing is that since I didnt use the cloning software that came with the crucial SSD, I actually used the EaseUs cloning software. I was reading online that one of the issues was actually leaving the software that came with crucial installed. I thought this only applied to the crucial software, so i decided to uninstall the EaseUS Software and that seemed...

robert600

Distinguished
Yes, I agree with popatim.

But also, I've used that EaseUS backup software to clone HDDs to SSDs. Here's the funny thing - when you select the SSD as the destination ... there is a checkbox that says something like 'optimize for SSD'. I found when I checked that box (as I suspect you did) the cloning had problems. If I left that checkbox clear ... all was good.

julioarmaz012

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

Yeah the funny thing is that since I didnt use the cloning software that came with the crucial SSD, I actually used the EaseUs cloning software. I was reading online that one of the issues was actually leaving the software that came with crucial installed. I thought this only applied to the crucial software, so i decided to uninstall the EaseUS Software and that seemed to do the trick. Im not sure why leaving the software installed would cause you issues. I tried finding a reason why, but I havent been able to find anything with regards to that.

Solution