Laptop freezing please help!

Qhemist

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
So I purchased a laptop from craigslist and its running awesome, however I am having random freezes. It's at least once a day using the computer, and it almost always happens while basic usage of computer. Browsing the internet, watching youtube videos, etc. It has only frozen twice in Overwatch but I can go hours and hours playing it at full settings and never have my PC freeze.

Here is my specs:
intel i7 7700 HQ 2.8ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
16GB DDR4 Memory (Dual 8GB)
1TB 7200 HD & 250GB SSD

I have done a clean install of video card drivers. I downloaded the intel driver tool and updated some stuff on the chipset.

The freeze also does not lead to Blue screen of death, it will just stay there frozen and I have to do a hard reboot of the laptop.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Qhemist

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
So I think I may have found the solution. I think I have a bad PSU, I have run 2 cycles on my third with no PSU just straight battery and no freezes or BSOD's (Been getting BSOD's now saying either Driver Power Failure or Video Power Failure) only when connected to charger. I am getting a new charger from the company lets see if this fixes the problem.

Also I am almost positive this is the problem because I plugged in to charge and 2 seconds later it froze. Lets see what happens