Laptop frequently disconnecting from home wifi

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, my laptop is frequently disconnecting from my home wifi. I have tried many suggestions from the internet but none are working for me. The thing is that all my other devices including my wife's laptop connect to my home wifi expect mine. Mine connects but get disconnected in a few minutes and then I disable and re-enable Wi-fi under network settings. This I have to repeat every few minutes to keep it connected. I have an Asus ROG laptop with Windows 10. This laptop connects to every other wifi as well without any problem including mobile hotspot. It seems like my router is having a problem with only my device. My router is Linksys and I have also set priority for my laptop but even that does not help. Can someone help me please?

Solution
Reinstall latest wifi drivers from the wifi chip´s manufacturer homepage

check the laptop with another wifi

try without firewall and antivirus (uninstall the applications and restart, only disabling these won´t work)

try without wifi password/encryption

Eventually reset windows

Reinstall latest wifi drivers from the wifi chip´s manufacturer homepage

check the laptop with another wifi

try without firewall and antivirus (uninstall the applications and restart, only disabling these won´t work)

try without wifi password/encryption

Eventually reset windows

Solution

guanyu210379

Distinguished
The signal stability itself could also be the disturbing factor.
MAke sure the signal is stable and strong enough on that place/spot.

Crowded WLAN channel maybe? change to more empty channel.

Too thick walls maybe?
Try considering to get a repeater or combine your networking system with PowerLAN or anything to improve the signal or to get the internet through other ways.