Laptop Gaming Hardware

Nov 9, 2018
My laptop supports CS:GO,Unreal Tournament and many other games but the games just don't seem to be able to run properly.There is always a lag , making the game unplayable.I have checked on GD using their hardware scanner and it says that CS:GO and Unreal Tournament can run on medium and high settings on my laptop but the games lag even on low settings. My laptop :- https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04731378 . Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
It is your CPU and GPU that causes the problem.

The CPU has already a lot of work to do since it only has 2 cores on a 1,7Ghz speed, which in 2018 is quite slow (no offense)

And the GPU is on-board, and if i know anything with on-board video cards, the quality while gaming is uttely terrible.
you can improve the performance by closing other programs in the background before playing games, even discord or skype or google chrome with some music has impact on the performance.

getting a better gaming laptop will solve this problem permantly.

MLG_No_Scope

Prominent
May 23, 2017
It is your CPU and GPU that causes the problem.

The CPU has already a lot of work to do since it only has 2 cores on a 1,7Ghz speed, which in 2018 is quite slow (no offense)

And the GPU is on-board, and if i know anything with on-board video cards, the quality while gaming is uttely terrible.
you can improve the performance by closing other programs in the background before playing games, even discord or skype or google chrome with some music has impact on the performance.

getting a better gaming laptop will solve this problem permantly.

Solution

A_Goat

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
It should run CS:GO, but definitely on low.
You should try updating the drivers for your HD graphics 4400, that will help quite a bit if you have never done it before.