Solved! Laptop goes into sleep mode

Jul 12, 2021
Im hoping someone out there can help me,
I have the Lenovo G50-70 Laptop that randomly goes to sleep-(screen goes black and when I press the space bar it goes to my lock screen) when I am using a transcription software Express Scribe and I have also tried downloading other transcription softwares and the same thing occurs. I noticed it happens in conjunction with Microsoft Word. I have Googled a few soluctions and it appears it could be a driver issue, however when I have updated the driver through the Lenovo site it tells me no driver issues detected.
I really need to get this up and running as soon as possible, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
There are a lot of Windows power settings, so make sure you have also examined the "Advanced" ones, These are really buried. The shortest way to find them is type "Control Panel" in the search bar (make sure you are signed into an admin account) and open Control Panel. Type "Power" in the search box in the upper right and click on "Edit Power Plan". Fix anything there that you use and then click on Advanced Power Settings. Many of these are not applicable, but you might notice something.

I imagine you are up to date on all WIndows updates. I would also uninstall any SW you no longer need and cleanup with a tool like CCleaner or PrivaZer (I use both).

A more drastic step would be to do a Windows Reset which would reinstall Windows (and...
There are a lot of Windows power settings, so make sure you have also examined the "Advanced" ones, These are really buried. The shortest way to find them is type "Control Panel" in the search bar (make sure you are signed into an admin account) and open Control Panel. Type "Power" in the search box in the upper right and click on "Edit Power Plan". Fix anything there that you use and then click on Advanced Power Settings. Many of these are not applicable, but you might notice something.

I imagine you are up to date on all WIndows updates. I would also uninstall any SW you no longer need and cleanup with a tool like CCleaner or PrivaZer (I use both).

A more drastic step would be to do a Windows Reset which would reinstall Windows (and also get rid of many of your apps which you would need to reinstall). Do a backup first and run BelArc Advisor to print a list of most of your apps. You would need to reinstall the Lenovo app from their website and drivers and such it recommends. This is not a sure fix, but would be the next things I would try myself.

Let us know if you find a fix.

Solution
I should have added if you chose to do a WIndows Reset, try running first with none of the Lenovo drivers. You can install any that you must have and see if one of their drivers in the problem. The laptop will mostly if not entirerly work without the Lenovo drivers.

Jul 12, 2021

A more drastic step would be to do a Windows Reset which would reinstall Windows (and also get rid of many of your apps which you would need to reinstall). Do a backup first and run BelArc Advisor to print a list of most of your apps. You would need to reinstall the Lenovo app from their website and drivers and such it reccommends. This is not a sure fix, but would be the next things I would try myself.

Let us know if you find a fix.
Thanks for all of this advice, what I did was, I contacted the Lenovo support centre again and after some back and forth they followed some of the prompts you mentioned and installed new drivers from the Lenovo site... it seems to be working quicker now and the "hybernate or sleep mode" hasn't occurred since, (touch wood)
I'm going to keep those reccomendations handy though just in case...thanks for all your help!