Question Acer laptop keyboard does not work after resuming from Sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2023
Dear Friends,

This is my first post to this forum. Since recently my laptop keyboard is behaving strange.
The keyboard does not work after resuming from Sleep mode. It never used to do this earlier.
I have the latest drivers for the keyboard. i even tried uninstalling the drivers and let windows install it, still no luck.
I noticed that after resuming from Sleep mode, in the device manager, the keyboard component shows a yellow exclamation for the Standard PS/2 keyboard.
However, once it restart the laptop it works fine.
I have provided my system spec below. Any help or suggestion to fix the issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Laptop : Aspire E5-476G
Model Name : E5-476G-81BY
System : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
RAM : 12 GB RAM

Jul 11, 2023
By the way, my Windows is up to date. Thanks.
Thank you for pointing to the BIOS drivers. I found out that the BIOS drivers listed in the website is v1.37. When I checked my version I found that I already have the latest version of the BIOS installed on my system :-(

Is there anything else I need to do to fix my keyboard issue. Please advise. thanks.

Jun 27, 2023
This is my first post to this forum. Since recently my laptop keyboard is behaving strange.
The keyboard does not work after resuming from Sleep mode. It never used to do this earlier.
I have the latest drivers for the keyboard. i even tried uninstalling the drivers and let windows install it, still no luck.
I noticed that after resuming from Sleep mode, in the device manager, the keyboard component shows a yellow exclamation for the Standard PS/2 keyboard.
However, once it restart the laptop it works fine.
I have provided my system spec below. Any help or suggestion to fix the issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Laptop : Aspire E5-476G
Model Name : E5-476G-81BY
System : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
RAM : 12 GB RAM
One thing you could try is going into the device manager, right-clicking on the Standard PS/2 keyboard, and selecting "Update driver" to see if that helps. If the issue persists, a workaround for now could be to restart your laptop after waking it from Sleep mode. It's not ideal, but it might keep you going until we find a proper solution.

Jul 11, 2023
One thing you could try is going into the device manager, right-clicking on the Standard PS/2 keyboard, and selecting "Update driver" to see if that helps. If the issue persists, a workaround for now could be to restart your laptop after waking it from Sleep mode. It's not ideal, but it might keep you going until we find a proper solution.
Tried updating the driver. Not helping. Same problem. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.