Question my laptop lags recently

Jun 8, 2021
my laptop keeps lagging recently i think it's when i plug the laptop charger i changed the socket and the caple but i still get the same fps lag ? thru games and not just games also just browsing the internet or using the laptop in general it takes my order but i see it later on my screen like slowing down then types it all fast like right now, or if im playing a game the fps drops to 0 then goes bak up.

my laptop specifics is:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 3580
BIOS: 1.11.0 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8054MB RAM
Page File: 9620MB used, 4577MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

if you want the DxDiag id be happy to let you take a look on it but just help please this issue is annoying me so much

YehezkielLee

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
have you check the running apps and power plan on control panel,or even power saving maybe turned on?

have you check the frequency of the processor/gpu itself? does it throttle by another apps or theres an indication of downclocking?

if yes,close that apps that uses alot of resources,

if not maybe set your uefi/bios setting to default may help

Jun 8, 2021
have you check the running apps and power plan on control panel,or even power saving maybe turned on?

have you check the frequency of the processor/gpu itself? does it throttle by another apps or theres an indication of downclocking?

if yes,close that apps that uses alot of resources,

if not maybe set your uefi/bios setting to default may help
Can you walk me through it ?

Reactions: YehezkielLee

YehezkielLee

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
open task manager,look at the cpu frequencies for a minute,if it was bellow 1GHz,then it resting,and you have no problem with cpu throttling,and try to open an apps or game,if the frequencies increasing or even boosting,then your cpu was normal.

look at the other resources like disk,ram or working process,did you find something unusual?
if yes,just terminate the running services or apps,disable unused startup apps to make sure it wasn't running at the startup to make it faster.

when it come to fps lagging,theres alot of possibilities,sometime the GPU switching doesn't work if you have dedicated GPU (ex : intel cpu /w intel graphics with nvidia gpu),if this occur just reinstall the driver or change the global settings to automatic or whatever you want

make sure you not running out of virtual memory,realocating the virtual gpu memory on BIOS/UEFI when you have intergrated graphics like intel iris,intel hd,or whatever it is

Jun 8, 2021
your processor speed might be the cause especially if you're playing AAA games. so maybe you should stop playing high-resolution games.
outdated drivers also slow down the laptop performance, you can update yours to see.
again, try deleting temporary files and hard disk cleaning.
if you're having an old graphic card it can also cause your system to lag, and then get a new one.
HDDs are generally slower than SSDs so maybe you can upgrade to an SSD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
Devalishious Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1