Solved! Sony vaio audio problem

Jan 8, 2022
Hello,
I have a sony vaio SVF1521GSGB laptop.
Recently i connected it to headset by Bluetooth, after i was done i turned off the Bluetooth and went back to my laptop speakers, only they sounded extremely out of depth, low volume and almost complete absence of bass, they sounded horrible.

i checked every setting and nothing worked, I uninstalled the driver and rebooted and reinstalled and still didn't work (driver is the newest available)

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406) System Model: SVF1521GSGB
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.0.1.8186 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 14-Jun-17 2:00:00 AM, 5826560 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Emulation Only
Cap Flags: 0x0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

I'd really appreciate the help on this,
Thank you.

Solution
Audio problems can be tough to resolve. A few suggestions:
  • You said bluetooth was off, but make sure it is actually turned off in Windows and then reboot.
  • Try the Windows troubleshooter. Go to setting and type "trouble" in the search. Find the audio troubleshooter and run it (usually it doesn't help but you may get lucky).
  • There are many audio related settings. Hunt around for these and experiment with turning on/off various enhancements.
  • Make sure you have the latest driver downloaded from the Sony support site.
  • I had a case where the latest driver was actually the problem and reverting to an earlier driver fixed the issue.
  • Check to Sony specific forums for this problem.
Good luck. Please report back if you...
  • You said bluetooth was off, but make sure it is actually turned off in Windows and then reboot.
  • Try the Windows troubleshooter. Go to setting and type "trouble" in the search. Find the audio troubleshooter and run it (usually it doesn't help but you may get lucky).
  • There are many audio related settings. Hunt around for these and experiment with turning on/off various enhancements.
  • I had a case where the latest driver was actually the problem and reverting to an earlier driver fixed the issue.
Good luck. Please report back if you find a fix and what it was.

Reactions: Carmody
Solution
Jan 8, 2022
Good luck. Please report back if you find a fix and what it was.
Thanks, the troubleshoot thing worked, it basically uninstalled and reinstalled the same version of the driver.