Laptop gotten super slow

Ralphey112

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
I have a hp pavillion. 8gb ram i7 5500u and 940m 2gb card.

it has been working fine and booting up really fast. so yesterday before i went to sleep i booted it up and while the windows logo was coming i pressed the esc keys and brightness keys accidentally and i ended up at the startup menu but i didnt do anything there i just held the power key and shut it down but then when i turned it on again it started taking ages to boot. firstly there was just the windows logo and a loading sign underneath it and it would be done really quick now after the windows logo theres another loading sign but theres no windows logo anymore.

the laptop has gotten really slow now even when it boots up opening the browser takes 10 seconds.
i did do a system restore but nothing changed.

pls help?

Solution
Hello. Thanks for ur reply.

Ive managed to fix it myself like 30mins after making this post lol.
For all those who end up getting this problem, the fix is that when ur booting up press esc several times to go intoo startup and then go to boot options and select the harddrive one and it will be fixed.

Ralphey112

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
Hello. Thanks for ur reply.

Ive managed to fix it myself like 30mins after making this post lol.
For all those who end up getting this problem, the fix is that when ur booting up press esc several times to go intoo startup and then go to boot options and select the harddrive one and it will be fixed.

Solution