Solved! Laptop GPU Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeper_Pro20

Estimable
Jun 21, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have an HP G72-a10EV laptop and it came with 2 gpus. Integrated intel hd graphics and with an ati mobility radeon hd 5470. When I got it it was running perfectly fine. But when I upgraded it to Windows 10, it coudln't boot to it (because windows 10 were not correctly downloaded) and it was rebooting all the time. I formatted it and got it back to 7. After the downgrade I installed first of all the integrated graphics drivers but when I was installing the ATI ones (from HP webstie), the screen went black. After booting into recovery mode and uninstalling the ATI drivers, everything was fine again. I googled it, I saw youtube videos nothing. Can someone help me out please?

Laptop Specs:
Service Pack: 1
GPU: Integrated intel hd graphics and ATI mobility radeon hd 5470 (switchable)
CPU: Intel core i3 2,26GHz
RAM: 3GB

Creeper_Pro20

Estimable
Jun 21, 2017
DDU didn't worked either but when I was trying to reinstall the catalyst control center, i clicked custom setup and I selected all the components. While selecting components, it asked me to install microsoft c++ 2010 x64 redistributable. The setup failed to install it. I manually found it and downloaded it on microsoft's website and after trying to install it, it told me that there is a newer version installed. I took a look at the control panel -> uninstall programs and I saw tons of microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable (x64), different versions of the same program but in 2008 and some on 2010, 2013, 2012 and even on 2015. Shall I remove them all?

Creeper_Pro20

Estimable
Jun 21, 2017
I tryied putting a SSD 120GB inside it and installed windows 7 to it. The same results. The screen went black. Probably it is not the redistributable c++. Maybe the gpu is broken or something?

Creeper_Pro20

Estimable
Jun 21, 2017
No. When it is using the intel gpu it is working fine. Everything goes hell after I install and the ATI drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.