Laptop hangs randomly (hardware problem)

Loumy

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello everyone,

My laptop "hangs" randomly for 2-3 mins approximately 5 times during an hour.
When I say hangs, I mean it doesn't freeze, but the cursor changes to "thinking mode". I can move the cursor around, but I cannot get the laptop to respond from input from either keyboard or mouse pad, cannot alt+tab, cannot do anything.

I formatted the laptop, which had a preinstalled Windows 7 and all of Lenovo's crappy programs on it. I installed a clean copy of Windows without all the Lenovo crap on it, but the "hanging" problem still occurs, like nothing has changed.

This hanging issue has pretty much existed for as long as I can remember, but I didn't really notice it much in the beginning, I'm not sure if it has gotten worse or if it's just me who have started using it more for longer sessions.

When I first received the laptop 2½ years ago by mail, the laptop couldn't turn on, so I returned it, and I later received the laptop that now worked. They told me that the hard drive had been properly attached and the bios had been updated.
I'm suspecting that the laptop back in the days had received a bump or something and that something inside has been damaged.

I've run a check disk and a memory test, without any negatives. I have no idea where to go from here. Is there other ways in which I should check the hard drive, or could this issue be caused by other parts?

Looking back I know now, that I should have just cancelled the order as soon as I realized the laptop had been damaged...
but to late for that.