Laptop hard resets after waking up from sleep mode

Madlysaw

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015
My laptop hard reset after waking up from sleep mode. I don't know what' the source of the problem; I tried updating all of my drivers, no effect. Currently I have Windows 10 (I upgraded it 2-3 months ago; I did run into some problems with Windows 10, but i don't think it relates to this problem).

What I notice before it hard reset is that everything started to work properly for about 2-3 seconds and then my mouse pointer freezes and disappears. At the same time my WiFi-adapter shuts off and then my laptop hard resets.

This problem happens every time it went to sleep and wakes up. My laptop is fairly new (3-4 months from purchase).

Hi,

It could just be a Power Management issue that can still be fixed.
- Right click on the Battery icon on the bottom right hand corner and select Power Options.
- Click on Change plan settings next to power plan that is selected.
- Click on Change advanced power settings.
- Expand "Hard disk" and under "Turn off hard disk after" make sure that it's set to Never.
- Expand Sleep and make sure "Allow hybrid sleep" is Off and with "Hibernate after" set it to Never.
- Click Apply and OK then test it with Sleep Mode.

Madlysaw

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015

I tried that method, it still had the same effect as before.

I also have another problem with the WiFi adapter where it "shuts down" out of nowhere. I troubleshoot it and fixed it as "the default gateway is not available". The WiFi adapter came back up every time I re-enable it, and/or troubleshoot it.