Laptop Hardware Issue (possibly)

Manu1433

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2014
So, I'm not exactly sure what happened to my laptop earlier today. I was browsing the internet and all of a sudden the a bunch of weird scrambled lines came up on my screen and my first instinct was to go ahead and do a hard shut down.

Then, I tried rebooting it, and it would just beep 3 times and nothing would pop up on the screen. It would keep repeating the beeps over and over until I did another hard shut down.

Now the laptop is working fine again. Booted up without issue and I'm typing from it right now. Can somebody give me an idea of what is going on to cause something like this?

Not sure if this helps, but I don't think it is a heating issue. The laptop doesn't feel overly warm to the touch, but I can't say I've checked the internal temperatures for exact info. If that that could be the culprit, let me know and I will look into it.

The laptop is a Dell 17r SE with an i5 3230 running Windows 10 home. OS is installed on a Samasung evo 850 SSD.

ffg7

Splendid
who makes the bios like ami, phoenix or what? http://www.bioscentral.com/
3 beeps sounds like a ram issue especially if your onboard video shares the system ram which would explain the lines on the screen.