Solved! Laptop has a hard time starting up (need to press power button multiple times)

Jun 27, 2021
Hello! I have an hp cloudbook 14, it was doing fine until about two days ago when I tried to turn it on. When I press the power button the laptop starts to boot up for a couple of seconds, the screen turns on, the fan starts, and then it suddenly turns off. I need to attempt to power it on around 4 times before it actually boots up with no problems. How can I fix this?

Solution
Do some research on line to find out how to run the HP diagnostics on your machine. For me, that is an option I see when I go to the BIOS setup. Often, there is a diagnostic you can load from the vendor (HP) site, See if you can boot to that reliably and run the long diagnostic over night, BTW, does this problem happen whether the laptop is plugged into external power or operating off battery. Let us know what you find out. If you decide to open the machine (not a great idea) make sure you have the service manual for that machine. You can probably find it on the internet, Do exactly what they say.
Do some research on line to find out how to run the HP diagnostics on your machine. For me, that is an option I see when I go to the BIOS setup. Often, there is a diagnostic you can load from the vendor (HP) site, See if you can boot to that reliably and run the long diagnostic over night, BTW, does this problem happen whether the laptop is plugged into external power or operating off battery. Let us know what you find out. If you decide to open the machine (not a great idea) make sure you have the service manual for that machine. You can probably find it on the internet, Do exactly what they say.

Solution