Laptop HDMI Question

ziyan.tejani1107

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
Hi,

I own an Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-792G-73UD. Is the HDMI port on my laptop compatible with HDMI 2.0? I was hoping to purchase a TV to connect to my laptop and be able to play games and generally use at 4k@60hz, which is only possible with HDMI 2.0.

The graphics card in the laptop is a GTX 965m, which when I researched, I found that the graphics card did indeed support HDMI 2.0. I'm still unsure as to whether the laptop itself will completely support it.

If my laptop is not compatible with HDMI 2.0, can anyone suggest any other ways in which I can connect this laptop to a display for use at 4k@60hz.

Thank-you

Solution
Using a TV for twitchy games like CSGO is not good, they tend to have a lot more input lag than a monitor. If you want a 4k TV, get one and see how it works with your system. Most CSGO players I know actually drop down their settings and resolution to maximize FPS. I would not get a 4k TV only based on if a computer I had could run it at 60hz at 4k. If it did, bonus, if not, I have a 4k TV.

ziyan.tejani1107

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018

I understand that but in terms of productivity, video consumption and general usage, 4k will be optimal for me. In addition, games such as LoL and CSGO as well as a multitude of old games I enjoy will likely be playable at 4k, and if not at some resolution between 1080p and 4k.

Using a TV for twitchy games like CSGO is not good, they tend to have a lot more input lag than a monitor. If you want a 4k TV, get one and see how it works with your system. Most CSGO players I know actually drop down their settings and resolution to maximize FPS. I would not get a 4k TV only based on if a computer I had could run it at 60hz at 4k. If it did, bonus, if not, I have a 4k TV.

Solution