Laptop Headphone jack partially working

VAHPPro

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
I've Pavilion g6 1201-tx. (QG470PA#ACJ)
Win 8.1 x64.

Altec Lansing Speakers.

Suddenly my laptop headphone jack not working well. I plugged in my headphones as usual and sound was coming through only left side, also from both speakers!

I've done following things till now:

1) Uninstalled IDT Audio Driver. Rebooted. Checked on WIndows Generic Audio drivers. Same issue!
2) Installed IDT Audio Driver. Rebooted. Same issue!
3) Checked audio in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Same issue!
4) Plugged my headphones in my Moto G, they are working fine. So laptop headphone jack is faulty.
5) Plugged in i-Ball Rocky Communication headphones. Windows showed that Drivers are being installed, but nothing happened. Headphones are disabled by default. Same issue!
6) I played with Sound in Control Panel. Nothing! Same issue!
7) When I test Speakers after right clicking in Playback Devices, Left headphone works and then Right Speaker works! What's this?
8) When I test Headphones, animation is shown to be playing, but no sound from Headphones and neither from Speakers.

Please help me out!!!
I'm tired of this. And yes, I've never dropped my laptop or used it harshly. So there's no hardware damage due to that.

UPDATE: Headphones work when plugged in half. But speakers also play sound.

VAHPPro

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

It may be software issue since left side is working.
So if there's any way I would really appreciate!

Komantalevu

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014
I have the same problem and I was looking many days for a solution.
There is a lot of suggestions including to change the setups in the register, but I'm not sure how to do it, because I,m not an expert.
An example: http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2197-realtek-hd-changing-jack-output-reassignments-fix-12.html

I don't think that the problem is hardware. I hope to find a software solution.

How can I be sure that the right headphon speaker (when it's plugged in the 3,5 mm jack) becomes the right signal that gets the internal speaker?

My laptop is an Asus X101CH, OS Windows7 Ultimate sp1 32b, that uses HD Audio-Gerät versión 6.1.7601.17514 from Microsoft for the sound control. With this configuration doesn't work the right sound neither on the internal nor on the headphone speaker. You can hear only the left sound on the left speaker.
When I changed to Realtek HD Audio-Gerät I could hear the left and the right sound on the internal speaker. But with the headphones I heard only the left sound. When I configured with envolvent sound, I could hear left and right sound but only on the left side. That just proves that the jack output becomes only the right signal.

In case there is not a software solution, I would conclude that the jack is bad and perhaps the sound target too.

I have a second laptop with the same characteristics and it works without problems but it has not be used like the first and has the original configuration that has changed in the first. Maybe the first has lost the original configuration cause the use and an automatic upgrade or virus contamination. In this case, I can use the configuration and the register from the safe to update or replace the configuration but I don't know how to do. Maybe you can help me in this issue. I will be very grateful.

Best regards

othisdongx

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014
hear left and right sound but only on the left side. That just proves that the jack output becomes only the right signal.
tCHyxz