Laptop Heavily Underperforming

Tylertrep123

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
I recently bought a gaming laptop with a gtx 765m, 24 gigs of ram, and an Intel i7. I try to play csgo on high settings 1920x1080 and get like 20 fps. I've looked up the fps for the GPU on YouTube and people get like 100 fps with no over clock. I made sure it's using the gtx 765m, it's not overheating, I've put it on high performance, I've reinstalled the drivers twice and still 20 fps. What should I do? Thx

Solution
Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that I suggested to others that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do also set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F
- If all these will not work I would also suggest to reinstall Windows.
Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that I suggested to others that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do also set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F
- If all these will not work I would also suggest to reinstall Windows.

Solution

Is the laptop plugged in or on battery when you test things? It should run CSGO a lot better than it is. Try running 3DMark and see if the score matches what other 765m systems get. Is this a new laptop? If it's used, it may have hardware issues with the video card.