Solved! Laptop high ping and poor connection when other devices is fine

Dec 17, 2018
Watch the "colorful" language, please. Thank you.
Hi, I'm having a problem with my Lenovo legion Y520

Specs:
OS-name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 cores(r), 4 processors
Ram: 8gb
graphic cards : intel(r) HD Graphics card 630 and Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti
wifi card: Realtek 8821 AE Wireless lan

I'm having a problem with both my internet connection and ping

when playing games my ping is high and goes to around 100 with bigger ping spikes too.

but when I ping google this happens:
(open link)
https://ibb.co/6JN7LxD

idk why. I've been looking all over the place for solutions but haven't found any.

hope you can help ask me if you need more information :)

Last edited:
Solution
Well if you feel it is an update you can try going to "System Restore" and choose a restore point (date) that is prior to the update. If it was, indeed, the update that is the cause then this should resolve it.

However, if that doesn't do it, then it could be the ISP or even the laptops WiFi having gone bad.

You may want to try connecting via Ethernet and see if that works or not as well.
Well if you feel it is an update you can try going to "System Restore" and choose a restore point (date) that is prior to the update. If it was, indeed, the update that is the cause then this should resolve it.

However, if that doesn't do it, then it could be the ISP or even the laptops WiFi having gone bad.

You may want to try connecting via Ethernet and see if that works or not as well.

Solution