Laptop internal speakers not working.

Forzare

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015
Well, one day my laptop's speakers were working just fine but the other they didn't make any sound. I think I might have done something to the actual internal speaker strip since I have looked around in the sounds manager and device manager and changed things around, looked on Google nothing helped. My speakers are set to the default device, everything shows us as though they are working, when I change the volume it doesn't make a sound but the green bar goes up as though they're working. However, my headphones do work.
Erm, I unplugged the speaker strip and in windows it still showed up as working?!
I'm so confused, please help..

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do test if you'll get the sound back.
- If these doesn't work your last option would be to reinstall Windows itself because if it will not work you'll need to send it for a repair.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do test if you'll get the sound back.
- If these doesn't work your last option would be to reinstall Windows itself because if it will not work you'll need to send it for a repair.

Solution

Forzare

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015

Worked! Thank you so much!