Question Laptop Internet Slows Down

Jan 26, 2022
Hi guys, I'm new here but have been visiting these forums for years now looking to solve problems.
The problem I have now is with my Lenovo laptop S145 losing internet speed. It's a strange problem because after I uninstall the Realtek wifi driver and re-install it the speed works fine for 5 minutes or so. It goes from 53 Mbps down to sometimes to 2 Mbps. I've even tried a dongle and the same thing happens to this.
I've re-set the network, un-stalled and re installed the wifi driver numerous times and tried changing the properties on the driver too. I've tried connecting via the WPS button. It goes ok for a while using that system then slows down again so I connect it to the network without using the WPS and it goes faster but then slows again. It's got me stumped!
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Feb 7, 2022
Reactions: RodCPC
Jan 26, 2022
Now, i'm not an expert here but if your laptop is older than 2 years, then I could see this happening. something similar happened to my console and I had to get a Wi-Fi extender (I have a personal router) but you may want to take getting a new laptop into consideration. (I found this Lenvo Idea-Pad with 128GB of storage on Amazon for $300) also includes touchscreen!

A new one might be on the cards. Thanks for your help Croissant..